Pure BB Cream - Light | Blemish Balm Review

18:30

pure bb cream box

Pure BB Cream Review

Is this budget BB cream worth a try? Read to find out ...

With the short bursts of hot weather that keep disappearing as quickly as they appear, I recently switched my Mac Face and Body for something even lighter, a BB cream. Reaching into my Muji drawers I pulled out my Pure BB Cream, hoping for a long lasting yet lightweight alternative to my trusty favourite. Despite being in the shade 'light', this is far from light ( I'm thinking shade 52/53 from Bourjois or NW/NC 25) and in the winter would definitely be far too dark however I took a risk and reached for it anyway in hope that I could blend it down my neck and it wouldn't be too obvious.

pure bb cream

I tend to apply this to my hand then 'spread' onto my face using a flat foundation brush then blend either using my fingers, my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. If I use the correct amount, blending this in doesn't take long at all and I am left with a natural yet dewy complexion that looks very fresh faced and in my case very tanned as this is darker than natural complexion ( a big makeup no-no I know!) yet nevertheless very lightweight on the skin and I am left feeling as if I have nothing on my skin despite the light-medium coverage that this provides. Set this with a powder and setting spray and this is set to last for a good 6+ hours which is great for a £1.99 BB cream.

swatch of pure bb cream

Is the Pure BB Cream good for your skin?

Unfortunately, upon using this continually for 3 or 4 days, I have found myself with spots in places that I wouldn't usually get them (even at THAT time of the month) and therefore I think this has broken me out and for that reason, and the face that this is far too dark for me unless set with a very pale face powder, I shall not be repurchasing this.

Is the Pure Blemish Balm worth a try?

Overall I think that if you have olive skin that doesn't break out easily this may be worth a try as for £1.99 this is a very affordable BB cream however otherwise I would recommend Garnier Oil Free BB Creams or a light hand when applying Mac Face and Body if you only want a light coverage.

Have you tried this BB cream?

Read more like this...

 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. That's so anoying I'm a super pale girl and I've never tried a BB as they are all too dark or too yellow for my skin! Shame about the spots too that doesn't sound good :(

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emm, it's affordable indeed, but overall it doesn't sound like my cup of tea..
    I've tried two Korean BB cream and they are lovely! especially recommend the silver one by Heynature. it's very light with medium coverage :)
    x
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I really want to try out a bb cream (:

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok thanks so much for the review.. I think I'll hold off buying this one.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe