Worth the Hype? Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie + Swatches

10:00




Revlon Lip Butters are one of the many hyped up products by bloggers but are they for good reason? I picked up the shade 'berry smoothie' back in January and as I am getting closer and closer to finishing the infamous hybrid I thought that I would finally share my thoughts.

True to its name, the revlon lip butter is very creamy and smooth when applied to the lips and feels much like a lip balm, hydrating and moisturising - not drying at all!

You would also expect the colour to be sheer being a balm-style lip stick however the colour is rich and pigmented, but still natural on the lips - Berry Smoothie being a slightly darker pink, than my natural lip colour, and leaving a glossy but not sticky finish to the lips.

As for lasting power, I do find that it could last a couple of hours, without eating or drinking, and will not require reapplication however if you do eat or drink, the colour will transfer onto your glass or disappar when eating but fades naturally, without leaving obvious lines around your lips but instead losing its glossiness and leaving the colour behind.

Overall I feel that Revlon Lip Butters are a great alternative to liipstick as they provide pigmentated colour but that can be sheered out to look natural, as a balm would where also providing moisture. The ony down fall with this product is that it doesn't have the lasting power that lipsticks do however the lasting power of the lip butter does exceed that of a regular lip balm so it depends on your personal preference.

I have been very impressed with this lip butter and if I saw another shade I liked, I would not hesistate to give it a go.

What do you think of the Revlon Lip Butters?

£7.99 - Boots/Superdrug

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really liked this review, you've inspired me to start wearing mine in the shade Wild Watermelon again haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely colour, I am still yet to try these but they look lovely! x


    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe