Mineral Foundation for £1? - Vie at Home Natural Perfection Mineral Powder Foundation Review

14:39

As you can probably tell from my previous reviews, it takes a while before I get round to reviewing a product after hauling it because I like to use a product for ages before I get my feel for the product to see if I like it. This product is no exeption.

I picked this up from Home Bargains a few months ago when I saw they had recently added Virgin Vie/ Vie at Home Products to their range, most retailing below £1.50 , this being £1, I thought that if they were any good they would be a great saving from their usually RRP and great budget alternatives to other products I own.
 
This Natural Perfection Mineral Powder Foundation was the first mineral foundation I have ever tried and after trying this I have definitely been converted.
 
Vie advises for this to be applied by lightly dusting a powder brush over your face in small circular movements to build up to your desired coverage. For me, the best brushes being my ELF Studio Powder Brush if I want a heavier coverage or my RT Blusher Brush if I just want a light dusting.The great thing about this foundation is that it is buildable and won't look like you are caked in makeup even with the medium + coverage it can provide.
 
For £1 I have been really impressed with this. It isn't cakey and for the most part doesn't cling to dry patches. Although at first I didn't think this would suit my NW15 skin, the colour blends in really easily to match my skin so don't be scared off by the colour in the packaging.
 
Speaking of the packaging, for £1 I am really impressed as the foundation comes in a pot with a screw lid adnd a sifter that is controlled by twisting the plastic stopper. It is really easy to use and isn't messy because of this so other mineral foundation manufacturers take note!
 
I tend to apply this over an under eye concealer, then follow with blusher, bronzer and highlighter and then set using my MUA Fixing Mist and I'm good to go! Following this I find that this will last for a good 5-6 hours before the natural-matte finish of the mineral foundation starts to look shiny and I need to blot using a blotting sheet or set again using one of my Rimmel Powders.
 
Overall I think that this is a great mineral foundation and especially for the price is a worthwhile addition to your makeup collection, in particular when you are having a lazy day and just want a dusting of coverage.
 
Have you seen this in home bargains?
 
£1 Home Bargains | £2.99 -Ebay

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This looks lovely, I definitely need to check it out and for one punt you can't really go wrong! x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so much more expensive than £1! X

    favouritepurchases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe