What I got for Christmas 2022

18:30

My 2022 Christmas & Birthday Gifts

Hello Everyone! I hope you've had a lovely festive break and an early 'Happy New Year'! 

2022 seemed to go by in a flash, and it certainly felt like a year of catching up on what we'd missed out on for the previous 2-years, and enjoying the excellent company of close family and friends, especially over the festive period.


As always, I want to preface this post with my usual disclaimer:- I fully believe that it is the people surrounding the tree at Christmas that matter the most, not the presents under it, but as a way of thanking my friends and family for their generosity, and to enable future gift idea inspiration, I bring to you my 'What I got for Christmas' blogpost for 2022...

What I got for Christmas

Recently turning 26, I am fortunate to be in the position where I have everything I need, and can struggle to give ideas to close family and friends for Christmas and Birthday gifts. That said, my friends and family have done an excellent job at gifting items that are already, or soon will be, favourites of mine.

There were a couple of items that I had dropped hints about that I was very lucky to receive in my christmas stocking. One of which was another pair of Black SkinLuxe leggings from Tala. Annoyingly, my old pair had developed a hole in them at the start of 2022, so I was eager to replace these, as they're my favourite pair for casual and sportswear. 

I'm always happy to receive experience gifts, so the very thoughtful birthday gift from my boyfriend of a Spa Day and birthday lunch was very gratefully received. He also surprised me with a new game from BigPotatoGames to add to our collection 'OK Play', as well as some Loose Leaf Ginger Tea

I'm a lover of gin and candles, so I was made up when I received an Edinburgh Gin set combining both for my work Secret Santa, alongside a GlossyBox of goodies. I was also lucky enough to receive a fair few candles from The White Company, NEOM, Bath & Body Works, Village Candle and Lush! 

My chocoholic tendencies were also evident in the copious amount of chocolate I received, namely in the form of Kinder Buenos, Malteasers, Terry's Chocolate Orange & Monty Bojangles Truffles. 

Socks and Christmas are a classic festive pairing, and I'm certainly showing my age by getting excited over the fluffy socks and velvet-lined socks and tights that I received! I also can now keep my feet toasty with my new UGG-style slippers

Speaking of keeping warm... I'd added a long hot water bottle to my Secret Santa wishlist, and was super grateful to have received two, which will be great for keeping warm without the need for putting the heating on! I also was surprised with a new pair of PJs and a check print scarf to bundle up in, as well as a towelling bathrobe for getting dry after a shower.


Speaking of showers... I was pleased to also be gifted a selection of Lush Shower Gels, and a tin of Soap & Glory goodies to keep my shower stash stocked up, as well as raspberry-scented shower gel and bubble bath, alongside a lovely set of bath bombs. I am also now able to add a backup for my Wild deodorant back into my wash bag and try out NEOM bodycare for the first time, with my new body butter and sleep balm.


Christmas always proves to be the prime opportunity to replenish my skincare, haircare and body care stash, and this year was no exception. I was kindly treated to a Revolution Skincare Gift Set, complete with Watermelon facecloths and face masks. I'd also earmarked the WOAH skincare range from NEXT, which I now have a complete box of travel-sized goodies, as well as a full-sized gel cleanser from the range.

I was also happy to open a new L'Oreal Pure Clay Face Mask and hair masks from Garnier and OlaPlex to treat my hair.

Adding to my makeup collection, I was kindly treated to a refill of my Charlotte Tilbury Bronzer, which had run out just in time for Christmas. 

Next up, I was very luckily given several room scents, in the form of wax melts and room diffusers from the Marks & Spencer's Restore range. I'd also been wanting to try more from M&S's meditate range of body care, so look forward to getting good use out of the body butter, hand cream and bath salts. I look forward to smelling extra lovely with the White Musk Body Shop Perfume Set and Bath and Body Works body spray I was treated to.

For practical gifts, a set of Salt & Pepper shakers had been added to my wish list, as since moving in with my boyfriend, we hadn't acquired a set. We were also very kindly treated to an Air Fryer, bathroom scales and knife sharpener, which were all household items that we'd yet got around to purchasing for ourselves. Having never tried an air fryer before, I'm super excited to try out new recipes, and adapt old ones, in our new machine. 

I'd also needed a new suitcase, after my 4-wheeled case had been running on 3 since our summer trip to Spain, so was very pleased to replace my old and tired case for a new Tripp Holdall.

So that's all for my 26th Birthday and Christmas Haul. I am incredibly grateful and humbled by the generosity of my friends and family - so thank you all if you are reading this!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe