Autumn Daily Makeup Routine

09:00



My Work from Home Autumn Daily Makeup Routine

It used to be a regular annual tradition of mine to share my makeup routine, particularly when the seasons changed. Makeup routine posts, or even shop my stash blog posts, have always been something that I'd look back on over time to see what makeup I still reach for, and how my daily look has changed.

Since moving down south and switching up my makeup slightly, I've got into the rhythm of a quick morning makeup routine that looks glowy yet natural, and that I've really been loving. Many of the items in my daily routine are ones I've been reaching for a while or have recently repurchased, so this could also be a 'makeup favourites' too. 

What's in my makeup bag?

Base

Smashbox Photofinish Primer

I had been skipping primer from my daily makeup routine for ages, but it was only when I went to trial my graduation makeup and wanted to test how long my makeup could last, that I remembered how important primer is to help my makeup. This is quite a silicone-feeling primer, but it really does help smooth your skin and keep makeup in place, even on a hot day.

Rimmel 25-Hour Lasting Finish Foundation

I used to swear by the CYO Long-Lasting Foundation, however, since it was discontinued, I've found that I've used and repurchased this foundation an obscene amount (just take a look at my empties posts!).  This foundation (Shade 100) has become a firm placeholder in my daily makeup routine and one that can be applied using a Real Techniques complexion sponge or RT buffing brush and is such a reliable foundation for looking natural and lasting all day. This foundation gives great coverage, without looking cakey, and covers up any spots/marks/red areas I have. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Next up in my daily makeup routine is the full-coverage Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This concealer is a must for long-wearing coverage and both conceals and brightens skin, covering blemishes, dark circles and redness, with no flashback. The concealer is quite thick in texture, so proves to be quite heavy-duty to cover dark circles.

Rodial Glass Powder

It's been a while since I used powder in my daily routine (I'd been saving my Laura Mercier powder for special occasions), however, when I won some Amazon Vouchers from work, I jumped at the chance to order some new loose powder. Rodial has been a brand I've lusted over for years (particularly after Lydia Elise Millen raves about it so much), so I added this powder (in the smaller size) to my basket and haven't been disappointed. That said, the jury is still out on whether I 'll fork out on the larger size.

Cheeks

ELF Blush & Bronzer Duo - Fiji (Matte)

As part of my ongoing Project Pan mission, I have been reaching for this ELF Blusher to finish my face makeup. The blush adds a lovely peachy-pink flush to the cheeks, without looking too much.

Charlotte Tilbury Bronzer - Fair

I've had this for a while now and I'm finally getting closer to finishing this up. I made an error in ordering the 'fair' shade, as in the summer, the shade of this is very pale for a bronzer and more like a setting powder on me. That said, it leaves a lovely airbrush finish and a very subtle depth to my cheeks that works well in the cooler months, as much as it adds a glow in the warmer weather.

Iconic Illuminator - Original / Revolution Liquid Highlighter (Rose Gold)

I have been converted to liquid highlighters for a long time now, and I have a budget and more high-end option that I love equally. The Iconic Illuminator is a more typical 'highlight' shade, and is a light champagne shade, whereas the Revolution Highlighter is more like a liquid bronzer. I apply both with a synthetic brush and blend with a Real Techniques complexion sponge, and the glow that both of these give makes your skin look incredible - radiant and glossy.

Eyes

Maybelliene Color Tattoo - Front Runner 

As a failsafe base, the Maybelliene Color Tattoos work great and this light champagne shade, perfectly complements a range of eye looks.

ELF Palette

The clue to my favourite shades in this palette is certainly the shadows I've hit pan on, but these shades pair perfectly together and with my 'Front Runner' base.

Soap & Glory Thick & Fast

The large bristle brush of this means I can get long fluttery lashes every day.

Lips

17 Creme Lip

My favourite go-to nude, I have this £3 lipstick in the shade 'Copper', which is the perfect match to my natural lip colour.

So, that's all for my current makeup staples, what are your favourite makeup products of the moment?

Read more like this...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe