AUTUMN: Daily Makeup Routine for Work

17:30

Autumn Daily Makeup Routine for Work - 2020

It’s become a bit of an annual tradition that I share my Autumn makeup routine when the seasons change. There’s something about autumn makeup for me. I think it’s the pale skin and multiple shades of berry lipstick that does it for me.

Since starting my new job in the summer, I've got into the rhythm of a quick morning makeup routine that looks natural, but also put together - I don't like to look like I am wearing much makeup, but I also want to look more put-together than when I've just rolled out of bed.

My makeup bag has remained fairly consistent since July, give or take a couple of lipstick switch-ups, and can take me from dreary-eyed to fresh-faced in no time. 

What's in my makeup bag?

XX Revolution Cloud CompleXXion Primer (£15*)

To help my makeup last from 8:30 - 17:30, I'll always reach for a primer where I can. This Cloud CompleXXion primer from XX Revolution is almond scented and a silicone-cream consistency. It leaves a smooth blurred finish on your skin as the perfect makeup base, without being sticky. There’s a slight iridescence to the primer, but nothing over the top, or glittery and helps to keep my makeup in place throughout the day.

Too Faced Born This Way Matte 24 Hour Long-Wear Foundation (£29*)

I used to swear by the CYO Long-Lasting Foundation, however, since Boots have now sadly discontinued this, I was on the lookout for a foundation replacement. Although a different finish, the Too Faced Born This Way Matte Foundation in the shade ‘Snow’ has become a firm placeholder in my daily makeup routine.

This foundation definitely delivers the ‘I woke up like this’ look that this aspires to give. The ‘Undetectable matte’ finish of this, for me, means that this foundation is natural-looking, but smooths over my imperfections and discolouration. This foundation gives great coverage, without looking cakey, and covers up any spots/marks/red areas I have. A little goes a long way with this, and I find applying one pump at a time with my fingers, that this delivers a medium-full coverage when applied with my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge

XX Revolution Super Fixx Concealer (£10*)

Next up in my daily makeup routine is the crease-proof, full-coverage XX Revolution Super Fixx Concealer. This concealer is a must for long-wearing coverage and both conceals and brightens skin, covering blemishes, dark circles and redness, with no flashback. The concealer is quite thick in texture, so proves to be quite heavy-duty to cover dark circles and its applicator is unlike any other doe-foot applicator I’ve ever used but makes application quick and easy for hurried morning makeup application.  

Bella-Piere Banana Powder (£23)

I’d never heard of this brand before I received this powder in a Christmas gift set last year, but recently I’ve been reaching for this on a daily basis to dust the powder with a fluffy brush to lock my makeup and help to keep my face matte throughout the working day. Do I think it’s worth £23, probably not, but am I pleased with the finish it gives - definitely!

Estee Lauder Blusher - Silky Powder Blush - 11 Nude Rose

As part of my ongoing Project Pan mission, I have been reaching for this Estee Lauder Blusher in 11 Nude Rose to finish my face makeup. Although discontinued now, the blush has a matte finish with a silky texture that applies evenly and blends effortlessly. The blush itself is sort of sheer, but builds up beautifully, making it ideal for makeup newbies or those wanting a natural-looking soft, healthy glow, as it’s hard to overdo this Estee Lauder with just a single swipe.
ELF had a bit of a YouTube heyday back in 2011 when I first started writing my blog, so receiving this as a gift for Christmas last year was a real trip down memory lane. 

This duo was dubbed as a dupe for the Nars Blush Bronzer Duo - Orgasm & Laguna, however, after trying the ELF version, I don’t feel the need to try the NARS alternative. The duo creates a healthy and natural glow - the blush adds a lovely peachy-pink flush to the cheeks, while the bronzer accents and contours cheekbones with its matte finish. 

Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Duo - Silky Eyeshadow Duo N 01 Mocha

The duo of one lighter shade, a flesh coloured nude, and one deeper shade, a mocha-purple, pair together perfectly for a natural-looking eye look. The eyeshadow is silky, with micro-fine powder texture that glides on and blends effortlessly. The shadows aren’t super pigmented, but they are long-wearing and do not crease throughout my working day. 

Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara (£28*)

Paired with my Estee Lauder eyeshadows, this is a real treat. I wouldn’t usually splurge on mascara, but receiving a sample of this from Dior, has made me second guess that. This mascara is lovely for lash length and the curved brush is perfect for catching all of your lashes. Easy to apply and a lovely soft formula, this is natural enough for my workwear makeup as it doesn’t add thickness, but doesn’t go clumpy or smudge on your eyelids either! 

Rimmel Kate Lipstick 05 (£5.49)

Last but not least is my lipstick. Now, this isn’t quite the warm berry shade I’d usually opt for over the autumn-winter months, however, I’m trying to get better use of all shades in my lipstick collection, so have recently been reaching for my Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Shade 05, a high impact warm fuchsia colour, with a hint of red. As with all lipsticks from the Kate Moss Lasting Finish collection, it’s super pigmented and long-lasting, without being drying on the lips. 

So, that's all for my current makeup staples, what are your favourite makeup products of the moment?

Read more like this...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe