FASHION: Loungewear Loves & Strapless Dress Fails [Femme Luxe]

20:00

With December creeping up on us fast, I’ve found myself reaching for my loungewear the second I walk through the door. Although I much prefer the long light days and hate commuting to uni in the dark, a lot can be said about cosying up in front of a warm fire in comfy clothes, complete with a hot chocolate.
For my latest collaboration with Femme Luxe, having browsed through their loungewear selection, I opted for a black version (Black Loungewear Tracksuit Set-Maria) of the grey loungewear set I previously chose and love. Like the grey set, the fabric for the loungewear is quite thin and at risk of flashing my underwear to the world, is kept exclusively for lounging around in the house. I ordered the black set in the same size as I’d ordered the grey, X/L 12-14, however, the black set was bigger and fits much more comfortably for someone who's more of a size 14 than a size 12. As the fit is slightly baggier on me than my grey set, the itchiness is much less noticeable and I've found myself living in the loungewear leggings.
I also took the opportunity to order another loungewear set (Blake off-shoulder loungewear set), again in a size 12/14. Unfortunately, this set was just *too* small for me to wear. Although I could *squeeze* into the items, the loungewear in the size I ordered was certainly not complimentary. On my sister, however, (normally an 8/10), the set fits perfectly and is very flattering. Unlike the other black set, the fabric of this set is much better quality and thick, so you’d get away with wearing the set out and about, perhaps for uni or running errands. 
After falling in love with the Camel Waterfall coat, I couldn’t help but try the Stone coloured version. Where I don’t think I’ll get too much wear out of this through November/December, I can envision myself reaching for this in the spring as the weather starts to warm up. The colour is so versatile to wear with neutral shades and is perfect for a smart-casual look. My sister Rachel is wearing a size M/L but would normally wear an 8/10 in Jackets, however, the jacket also fits me well, and I’d normally reach for a size 12 in coats.
The last item in today’s feature I’m gutted about. In the winter months, particularly around the festive season, I love reaching for a red/ burgundy dress and I’ve always found bodycon the most flattering on my figure. With this in mind, I opted for the strapless ruched midi body con dress in a size 14. The fabric is soft and slinky and fits my body like a glove. As a size 12/14, I think this highlights my curves, particularly the ruching on the back, and fits in all of the right places, apart from my chest. I’m gutted as there just appears to be far too much excess fabric at the top of the dress so it just sags. Now I understand that I wasn’t blessed when it comes to my chest size, but as what I would consider a fairly average size, the top of the dress just seemed to hang off me. I wouldn’t be able to risk wearing this out at risk of flashing and the dress falling down. If you are a fuller-busted lady, however, I can imagine this would fit much better.

So those were my latest picks from Femme Luxe! I’d definitely pick the stone waterfall jacket as my favourite item but my new loungewear PJ’s come in at a close 2nd.


Have you tried any of their loungewear or checked out their coat selection?


*I have an ongoing partnership with Femme Luxe Finery who allow me to choose gifted items from their site to review. This does not affect my opinion of the items in any way*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe