2023 Makeup Empties

12:00

 

2023 - Makeup Empties

The time has come around again to share my annual makeup empties.


To conclude 2023, I wanted to share how well I’ve done with finishing the makeup products and ensuring I’m making the most of my makeup collection.

 

At the end of 2022, I’d managed to finish 19 products, but hardly any eyeshadows, so my aim for 2023 project pan aim was to use 30 products in total, with a particular focus on downsizing my eyeshadow collection.

In 2023 I exceeded my goal and managed to use up 40 products in total, valuing £250.

So what makeup have I actually managed to finish in 2023?

PRIMER (2) - £18

ELF Poreless Putty Primer (£10), NYX Glitter Primer (£8)

Both great products and ones I’d look to buy again.


Foundations (5) - £88.44 

Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation - Shade 100 x 2 (£22), No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation - Cool Vanilla (£14.95), Clarins BB Cream - 00 Fair (£35.50), Max Factor Miracle Touch - Golden Ivory 043 (£15.99)

I continued to love Rimmels 25 Hour Foundation in 2023, and also introduced a new favourite of the Clarins BB Cream into my makeup bag, which I received a replacement of for my birthday. I’m yet to try the reformulated Rimmel Foundations, so I really hope that is as good as this one or I’ll be on the lookout for a replacement drugstore foundation.

Concealer (4) - £38.97

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (2) - Cashew, Biscuit (£8.98), Maybelline FitMe Concealer (£5.99), HUDA Glowish Brightlight Sheer Concealer (£24)

I continued to rely on old favourites in 2023 as far as concealers go (Collection & Maybelline), however, I must say that the HUDA concealer did positively surprise me and lasted a lot longer than I initially expected.

Powder (0)

Eyeshadows (21) - £56.45

Maybelline Color Tattoo (£4.99), LA Girl Eyeshadow from Haute Haute Heat Palette (2) - Fiesta, Sunbathe (£2.25 eqv), Barry M Bouquet Eyeshadow (£0.88 eqv),  2 x Revolution XX Eyeshadows (Bottom Left & Bottom Right) (£2.66 eqv), ELf Eyeshadow Palette - 3 Shades (Pink Shimmer Shade, Matte Nude Pink & Light Gold Shimmer) (£3 eqv), Sophia and Mabel’s Aphrodite Eyeshadow Palete - (Shimmery Pink & Matte Pink) = from Aphrodite Palette) (£12.50 eqv), Iconic Eyeshadow Quad (All 4 Shades)- £21.50, NYX Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette (5 Shades) - £5 eqv, Fenty 5 Palette (Dark Bronze Shimmer) - £3.67 eqv.

I was close to matching the 23 eyeshadows I’d used in 2021, however, compared to last year where I only finished a handful of eyeshadows, I’m really pleased with the progress I’ve made in 2023 and my experimentation with different shadow colours.

Since using these up, I have been kindly treated to a range of neutral eyeshadow palettes, which I hope to be able to get good use of in 2023 and take the opportunity to purge some of my older palettes in my collection.

Mascara (2) - £15.99

Technic Mega Lash Mascara (£4), Soap and Glory Thick and Fast High Definition Mascara (£11.99)

I can’t say I’d particularly recommend either of these, and continue to look for a holy-grail in the mascara category.

Bronzer / Highlighter - (3) - £10.16

Iconic London Blaze Chaser Palette - Bronzer & Highlighter Shades (£6.66 eqv), MUA Shimmer Highlight Powder - Radiant Cashmere (£3.50)

It would be wrong not to have finished one of my favourite (& newly discovered) makeup items of 2023, and what a bargain it was. Comparable to MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish, the MUA Highlighter is a lovely pink shade, that doubles up as a sheeny-blush. Admittedly the packaging got a beating, but what can you expect for £3.50. I’ll definitely be looking to repurchase this in the future. 


Lip Products- (3)- £21.99

Revolution Rehab Lip Mask (£6), LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£7), Maybelline Lifter Gloss - 003 Moon (£8.99)

The Maybelline Lifter Glosses are definitely worth the hype. After thinking I wasn’t a fan of glosses anymore, I found myself reaching for this most days.



Check out my past Project Pan blogposts...

2022 Makeup Empties

2021 Project 10 Pan

2020 Makeup Empties

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe