FASHION: Trousers for Curvy Girls #1

20:00

Hello all! Happy February! I’m so pleased that we’ve passed the January slump and the days have started to draw out again. For this weeks post, I wanted to do a spotlight post on trousers for curvy girls. As a size 14 gal, blessed with big hips, bum and a smaller waist, buying trousers that fit well is too often a struggle. Fortunately for me, the latest picks I chose from Femme Luxe fit me like I glove.
Blue High Waist Paper Bag Skinny Jeans - Sienna (£16.99)
As a final year student, I really love jeans and wear them far too often. They are versatile and easy to throw on without much thought, so I opted for the paper bag style jeans. I was dreading that I would order these and they wouldn’t fit me, however, I cannot believe how perfectly these sculpt to my bodyshape. The elastic in these mean they have stretch in the hips and the paperbag waist means they can pull in perfectly without the gap at the back (which is an ongoing struggle for me). They are incredibly comfortable and so so flattering. I have been singing the praises of these jeans to my friends as I honestly haven’t found a pair that feel as if they were made for me and for less than £20!
Dark Wash Ripped High Waist Skinny Jeans - Alicia (£17.99)
I also opted for the ripped jeans from Femme Luxe. These are a touch too long for me, however, these fit as well on my legs, hips and waist as the paperbag style and the colour is super flattering. It’s also great that these have belt loops and front pockets, which far too many pairs of jeans nowadays don’t have.
Black High Waisted Slim Leg Trousers - Katrina (£13.99)
The next pair of trousers are the black work trousers. These are so stretchy and comfortable and would work well paired with a pair of court shoes and a white blouse for the office, or even for drinks with the girls. I really wish I’d have these trousers whilst I was on placement as I’d have certainly have gotten plenty of wear out of them. What I like about these, compared to the trousers I wore regularly to the office last year is that they have a button and zip fastening but also belt loops so you can style these as high waisted trousers with a shirt tucked in.
Black Animal Crocodile Print Cigarette Trousers with Belt - Kim (£14.99)
Last, but definitely by no means least, is my favourite pair of trousers. I’ve never braved animal print before, but these crocodile print trousers have changed the game for me. These have an elasticated waist and come with a fabric belt fastening and are a black crocodile print. I tend to wear these with the hems rolled up and a black or white t-shirt tucked in and converse, however, I also think that these would look great with a lace bodysuit and court heels for a night out.

So that’s my Femme Luxe Trouser Edit! If you a curvy size 14 who is in the market for a new pair of jeans, I’d definitely have a look on the Femme Luxe website!

*Items were gifted from Femme Luxe Finery

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe