FASHION: Trousers for Curvy Girls #2 (FAIL)

20:00

 After having a successful haul with my last 'trousers for curvy girls' blogpost, I thought that I would pick out some more trousers from the Femme Luxe website to see how well they fit a curvy size 14 gal.


Now anyone who shops online will be able to relate with how tricky it can be and how often something that we think looks good on the model, ends up looking completely different when it arrives.

Black Cargo Slim Fit Trouser - Sunny (£16.99)

If I’m honest, cargo trousers were a risky item to order online as I’d never tried a style like this before. In terms of the size, I ordered a size 14, the same as I'd order jeans, I do believe that they are fairly true to size, particularly in the legs. On the hips and bum, however, there is unfortunately not stretch in the fabric meaning that although I manage to squeeze them over my hips, there's not much give in the fabric and I do find my bum squeezing out of these. The quality of the fabric, however, is great and I can imagine these trousers being extremely versatile to style

 
Tartan Print High Waisted Trousers - Emma - (£11.99)
After the success of the high waisted crocodile print trousersI thought the high waisted checked trousers (size 14) would be a perfect addition to my wardrobe. Unfortunately, these were a big fat fail as they barely covered my hips and fit more like a low rise trouser than a high waisted work trouser. My underwear would be on show if I were to wear these in public. I’m gutted that the sizing didn’t match that of the crocodile trousers as the print would be perfect for work. If you have smaller hips than me, these may fit higher on your waist, but unfortunately, these were not flattering on my big hips.
 
Black High Waisted Faux Leather Look Leggings - Catriona (£10.99)
The next item I gave a go was the leather effect leggings. After ordering the PU leggings in a 14 and them being too baggy on me, I wrongly assumed the sizing of these would run up big so I ordered a these in a size 12. I managed to squeeze these on (given the none existent stretch in them) but unfortunately couldn’t move once these were on. I’d stick to your usual size in these, or even size up if you want to give these a go. 

As modelled in the photograph, I paired the leggings and checked trousers with a Black Cropped Long Sleeve Jumper (£6.99), which ended up being my favourite piece of the selection. It’s super cosy and oversized and super versatile too.
So those weren’t quite the trousers for curvy girls that I was after, however, there are plenty of options to choose from on the Femme Luxe website that fit my curves perfectly; my favourites being the Crocodile Trousers and tie-waist jeans. 
This post is in collaboration with Femme Luxe Finery who kindly gifted me the pieces featured. All words and opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe