FASHION: Jeans & A Nice Top

20:00

One of the great things I’ve noticed on my weight-loss journey is that I’ve started to feel comfortable in my clothes again and my wardrobe is fitting me better. With my new found confidence, I’ve set myself the challenge this year to be more experimental with the clothes I wear. For this blog post I have collaborated with Femme Luxe Finery and have selected some pieces and created some looks that push my style boundaries.

The phrase ‘jeans and a nice top’ is a phrase that is often used in group chats with my friends when we’re discussing what to wear on our next night out, so it made sense for my to pick out a couple of tops and mom jeans from Femme Luxe to try.

My apparent love for black is evident with the tops I picked out. I was drawn to the first top -the Black Mesh Polka Dot High Neck Top - Alice  (£12.99) - due to the sheer sleeves and polka dot detail, as well as the high neckline. Unfortunately the gathered hem of this crop lengthen top wasn’t overly flattering on me (I’d ordered a Size 12, my usual size), however this fit much nicer on my sister who is a size 8-10.
 
The second crop top, the  Black Polka Dot Tulle Mesh Crop Top - Jennifer , however, is much more flattering. I love the sheer tulle mesh sleeves and the layered fabric makes it much more forgiving on a food baby and only costs £14.99. Both tops look great worn with jeans and would be great for a night out with the girls or for date night.

I opted for some Mom Jeans from Femme Luxe – the Mid Wash Distressed Ripped Mom Jeans – Cora, (available for a bargain £12.99), however, I was a tad optimistic by opting for a Size 12 as these came up small and are more like a size 10. Fortunately these fit my sister well (albeit baggy on the waist and tight on the bum), but the style is really versatile and could be dressed up with heeled boots in the evening or dressed down with trainers during the day .

Whether you are looking for a new pair of jeans and a ‘nice top’ for a night out, there is something to suit everyone’s style or occasion from Femme Luxe. 

Do you rely on 'jeans and a nice top' for a night out?
*Items were gifted from Femme Luxe Finery

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe