Travel ~ Day Trip to Portmeirion Village

19:30

As a follow on from my previous post, where I talked about my trip to Snowdonia , I thought that I’d do a blog post in a photo diary style, something I’ve been wanting to start more of but hadn’t known where to start.
As part of our mini break t Betws-Y-Coed, we had a couple of hours to kill prior to our helicopter flight, so Mum wanted to be nostalgic and show my sister, dad and I around Portmeirion. For those who aren’t aware of Portmeirion (not the pottery, but the village) is a tourist village in Gwynedd, North Wales, designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis in the style of an Italian village, that also features a hotel. We were fortunate that the day we visited was a beautiful, clear, warm, sunny day – the day of Megan and Harry’s wedding actually – and so we could have mistaken being in Wales for being abroad.
The entrance fee was £12 for Adults and £10.50 for students, which allowed you to walk around the village and its gardens, enjoy the views of Afon Dwyryd and take a guided tour should you wait for one. The village also has a seconds Portmeirion pottery store, should that be of interest. We opted against the tour, purely for the fact we were on a tight schedule and opted to stream the royal wedding whilst eating scones in the sunshine, but I’m sure should I have taken the tour, I would have felt like I’d have gotten better value for money.

The village itself was quaint and complemented perfectly by the sunshine. Being situated on the Afon Dwyryd, running towards the estuary, just added to the beautiful views, particularly with the gardens and forest overlooking the mountains. I am pleased that I was able to enjoy Portmeirion on a good weather day, however, I feel if I had visited on a grey, rainy day I would not have enjoyed the visit nearly half as much.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe