Top Makeup Picks for Spring feat Urban Decay, Mac and drugstore products

10:00

Hello! At the start of last month I guest posted on DippyWrites about my current spring makeup products and thought that I would share it for those that don't follow DippyWrites, which you should!

I will first start with my primer. I use RIMMEL FIX AND PERFECT PRO PRIMER most days as a base for my foundation, I find that this leaves a smooth base for my foundation and prolongs the wear so it can last around 10 hours. Speaking of foundation, recently I have been reaching for BOURJOIS 123 PERFECT FOUNDATION. This gives a matte finish that with my primer doesn't look cakey, covers redness and blends in easily. I also use my MAC STUDIO FINISH CONCEALER with this as it is high coverage and is very creamy and long lasting on my dark circles.To set this I have been using my RIMMEL CLEAR COMPLEXION POWDER which helps keep my make-up matte and provides extra coverage, although my face powder of choice is usually RIMMEL STAY MATTE which I unfortunately couldn't get hold of the last time I was in Boots. For added colour to my cheeks I like to use ACCESSORIZE PEARL SANDS DUO bronzer, using the lighter shade as a highlight and the darker in a C shaped motion. For eyes in the spring time, day to day, I reach for my MAC BARE STUDY PAINT POT which is a lovely light champagne pink which I can use alone for a long lasting crease free wash of colour. If I am going out or want heavier eye make-up I reach for my URBAN DECAY NAKED 2 palette as this has a mixture of natural and more intense colours that are all creamy, pigmented and long lasting. To complete my eyes I use MAX FACTOR MASTERPIECE MAX mascara to add length to my lashes.  My favourite part of spring make-up is the lips. Recently my favourite lipsticks have been BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION LIPSTICK IN ROSE MILLESIME which is a creamy and moisturising coral pink, and RIMMEL KATE MOSS 05, a bright pink that is long lastings and perfect for bright days!

(Top:Rimmel 05, Bottom: Bourjois 17)

So those are the products that I have been reaching for now spring has hit! What have you been reaching for through spring?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. lovely post! really want to try the naked 2 palette by urban decay but im not a massive eyeshadow wearer so im not sureif i'd be able to justify the price tag!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't really wear eyeshadow in the summer, great post!

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the Rimmel Lipsticks at the moment and the UD Palette is amazing! xxx

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, that Mac concealer sounds like just the thing I need! I am currently using a natural collection concealer and I'm beginning to feel like its not doing the job of covering up my dark circles! Any certain concealers you recomend? Especially for fare skin with dark circles? x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the rimmel 05 shade! :D

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe