Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation Review

20:25


£10.99 - Boots

"correct and conceal with the new 123 perfect foundation! Our new foundation provides a flawless complexion and perfectly even skin tone. With added cotton flower extract, the formula also provides the perfect balance between hydration for the skin and anti ine. Protects skin with SPF 10 and provides 24hr hydration."



With 3 correcting pigments for zero imperfections
Yellow-anti dark circles
Mauve - anti dull complexion
Green - anti redness

Consistency
The consistency of the foundation,i feel, is much thinner to others on the market and more watery.However I do feel this helps with the application of the foundation and makes the foundation easy to blend, whether with a foundation or stippling brush or your fingers and will give a medium coverage.

Coverage + Finish
Like its claims, this foundation successfully corrects the redness on my cheeks and keeps my redness at bay throughout the day. It also, with the yellow pigments, counteracts the colours under your eyes, disguising any dark circles and for me, although I still use concealer, reduce the need for it. As for the mauve pigments, as it is a mostly matte foundation, I don't feel it does much for anti dullness but give a slight (very subtle) glow,though I don't feel I have this problem and usually follow with a highlighter anyway.

This foundation is a semi matte foundation, matte with a slight sheen, that claims to keep shine at bay whilst keeping the skin moisturised.with dry skin, generally, I won't opt for matte or semi matte foundations as I fear, although they blot an oily t zone, that they will dry my skin out and the foundation will look patchy. This is not the case and this does not dry my skin nor leave it feeling tight and caked. I do find that once I have applied and blended this foundation, it doesn't feel like i am wearing  foundation and feels natural on the skin. I also find it looks very natural but makes your skin look and feel smooth and 'perfected'.

Lasting Power
As for lasting power, without setting with a powder, that this can last for 9 hours however after this time I do notice it beginning to fade and go patchy - looking better if it was removed.



Colour
The colour I have tried is shade 52 which, I feel, is a shade too dark and 51 would better suit however if I only use a small amount I can easily blend it into the skin. I do find that this foundation, and bourjois foundations in general, is very yellow toned however this works to 'perfect' my skin.  The shade range overall I feel is quite restrictive to fair and olive skin tones and may make it hard to choose a shade. However bear in mind that the colour it appears in the bottle is different from the product that is dispensed.

Conclusion
Overal I feel that this is a great foundation for the spring summer months as it prevents my skin from getting oily ( I have dry combination skin) yet still gives me life in my face. All whilst correcting redness and my under eye circles.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I keep eyeing this up, but i just love the Healthy Mix too much to try another! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe