FASHION: Autumn Fashion on a Budget

20:00

When it comes to buying new clothes, you just can’t beat online shopping. The flexibility of being able to try outfits on in the comfort of your own home and trying items with items you already own. Coincidently, most of my wardrobe has been ordered from online fashion stores.

Femme Luxe Finery recently got in touch and kindly let me choose 4 items from their website to try out – a brand I’d never heard of or browsed before but appeared comparable to the likes of PLT, Boohoo in Missguided both in terms of the pieces and the prices. Femme Luxe Finery is a fashion brand who say they are all about style, sass and social media and have high fashion pieces on their site - some items on the site are perhaps too high fashion / risqué for me, however, there are some hidden gems on the site. I also think their discounts/ sales/free delivery offers are great so I’d keep an eye out for those when ordering.
I’m generally very pleased with the items, so today I’m going to push myself out of my comfort zone by sharing each outfit with you so you can see exactly what I got and how it looked on me. Being loyal to the brands I order from and being familiar with their sizing, I was a bit apprehensive about the items sizing when selecting my items. For reference, I usually buy a size 14 in jeans and dresses and 10/12 for tops. I placed my Femme Luxe order on a Saturday and it was delivered early Monday morning. The quality of the items I would deem comparable to Boohoo, which can be slightly hit/ miss but I was overall really pleased. 

The first item, and my favourite item, I ordered was the Camel Waterfall Duster Belted Long Coat. I already own a very similar khaki version of the coat that I bought from Boohoo last year and love, so was keen to get a similar one in camel. The jacket fabric is polyester but feels soft to touch, more so than my khaki jacket. Its the perfect length for keeping away a chill during the transitional weather we seem to be having, but I won’t expect to be wearing this once it stops getting colder. What I love about this jacket is how versatile and easy to pair it is. I frequently wore my khaki jacket to interviews last year and can imagine myself doing the same with this jacket. Alternatively, it's great to smarten up jeans or to pair with a smart dress in the evening. The camel shade makes this extremely versatile.

The sizing of Femme Luxe was slightly on the smaller side. I ordered Size 12/14 for the jacket which fits perfectly, however, the loungewear (also size 12/14) and the bodysuit, which I bought in a size 12, do run small, so it's worth bearing that in mind when you order from them.
The second item I selected was the Black & White Stripe Square Neck Bodysuit - Devin. Now being a size 10/12 normally on top, I opted for a size 12 but, should there have been a 14, I should have purchased a 14 instead as, although I was able to get this on easily, there isn’t too much give in the fabric which meant when I came to take this off, it was a contortionist act to get this over my head. I’ve never tried a square neckline on a top or bodysuit before but found this item to be more flattering than I was expecting. The black and white stripes make this easy to pair with navy/ black jeans or even a high waisted skirt. What’s a plus with this bodysuit is that the poppers weren’t overly difficult to fasten, so there’s no need to worry about have difficulty fastening and unfastening the bodysuit whilst you’re out.

The third and fourth items I had chosen were loungewear sets - Grey Loungewear Tracksuit Set-Maria and Black Short Sleeve Boxy Loungewear Set - Lacy. The cropped trousers of the black set were unfortunately just *a bit* too small. Had they have been a little roomier (not too long away hopefully), then I’d consider wearing this set out of the house. I think it could work well if your office has a smart casual dress code and the fabric is thick enough for the outfit to not be risque. The fabric for the grey set, on the other hand, is much thinner and only suitable for lounging around in the house. Should the set not have been on the snug side, as I found when trying them on, I don’t think them being see-through would be as much of an issue. That said, I love the grey set for the days I have at home off-uni or if I’m having a lazy Sunday. The fabric is slightly itchy for the grey set, but I think this is made more noticeable because the set is too small for me.

As with most fashion websites when you order clothes online, it can be hit and miss with regards to the sizing. Two out of the four items I chose were perfect, it’s just such a shame the loungewear wasn’t slightly bigger. I’m not too disheartened by this, however, as I’m still on my slimming world journey and hope that the trousers will fit me better soon.

Overall, I’m very pleased with the camel jacket and bodysuit, so I’d honestly recommend giving the Femme Luxe Finery collections a browse on the website, as you will more than likely find something that matches your style.

Have you tried anything from Femme Luxe?

Find out more information about Femme Luxe Finery by heading to their website.*This blogpost features gifted items

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe