Project Pan: Make-Up I've Used Up in 2018

17:30



Back in January, I wrote a blogpost about Project Pan and how I wanted to get the most out of my collection and try to use up some of my neglected makeup products, namely the following; 
-Becca Champagne Pop Highlighter
-Hourglass Luminous Flush Blusher 
-Ted Baker Makeup Books
-MAC Satin Taupe
-17 Bella Lipstick 

Fast forward to September and despite my best efforts, I am still yet to hit pan on my MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow which means I am still an item away from claiming myself a free lipstick through back-to-MAC. Nevertheless, I’ve stuck to my one in one out policy, only purchasing foundation, concealer and powder since January, and, as a result, made pretty good progress since January with using up my makeup stash that I thought I would share with you now that we are well into 2018.

One of the first products I used up was the Bourjois City Radiance Foundation. This was a medium coverage, dewy, ‘like skin’ finish foundation that didn’t feel heavy or cakey on the skin. That said, I did struggle with the longevity of this foundation and it going patchy throughout the day so haven’t repurchased this since. Another from Bourjois was the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer. I loved this concealer as a slightly lighter coverage concealer to my Fit Me Concealer favourite, though it still gave excellent coverage for dark circles whilst being hydrating and brightening under the eyes. I would consider repurchasing this, however, I do prefer the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (one that I have also used up this year and have repurchased) due to its slightly heavier coverage, and more recently the Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer.

Since I have been on a roll with using up base products, I have also used up the  Maybelline 24Hour Foundation, Primark’s Setting Powder and the Coverage Foundation from The Ordinary and The Porefessional from Benefit. Maybelline Superstar 24H Full Coverage blended easily with a brush or, my preferred method, with a damp real techniques sponge and settled into the skin to give a natural soft matte finish. This did require powdering and setting throughout the day to avoid an oily t-zone, however, was still a great drugstore foundation that worked great in conjunction with the Primark Setting Powder which works great to set your makeup in place and help its longevity, without being cakey. The Coverage Foundation from The Ordinary I am neutral about. It provided buildable coverage and a natural finish, however, I found the shade 1.2N was slightly too yellow for me and that the foundation settled funny on my skin, even when applied with my faithful real-techniques sponge or with a primer such as The Porefessional, a very silicone-y primer that unfortunately seemed to break me out.

Unfortunately using up eye makeup and cheek products is seemingly more difficult than using up base products. Nevertheless, I’ve managed to use up Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Becca Champagne Pop highlighter and MUA’s blusher in Bon Bon. Now, if my memory is correct, I received Hoola Bronzer as a Christmas present back in 2016, so this had lasted me for over 18 months, which is insane considering this was the only bronzer I was reaching for. I would definitely repurchase this, however having solely used this for so long, I would purchase an alternative bronzer before buying this again. I received my Becca Champagne pop for the same Christmas (and heart-breakingly dropped it 3 months later) and had struggled using this in its shattered state. I improvised with some greaseproof paper and a 2p coin and managed to press this myself. Despite this hiccup, I did manage to fully use this up in its DIY state, however, opted to use this primarily as an eyeshadow as the golden undertone did not suit my skin tone as a highlighter. For that reason, I wouldn’t repurchase this. The MUA blusher was highly pigmented considering its £1 price tag, however the shade was too pink for my personal tastes, so I wouldn’t repurchase this particular shade should I look to purchase a blusher in the future.

Last but not least in my project pan progress are eye products. The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade Crème de Nude is a great affordable alternative to MAC paint pots and helping to prolong the longevity of my eye makeup. MUA’s eyeshadow in Fudge was a light skin-toned eyeshadow that I would reach for to blend my eyeshadow or highlight my brow bone. Slightly chalky in texture but for £1 I can’t complain.

So that's my Project Pan progress! It feels like I am still light years away from hitting pan on my MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow and my Hourglass blusher however my 17 lipstick is getting towards the end of its life - here's to hoping I have hit pan by Christmas!

Have you done a Project Pan before? Let me know below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe