WHAT'S IN MY MAKE-UP BAG: SUMMER EDITION.

12:00


As ever, I’ve been well overdue a daily makeup routine blog-post for a while now. Having travelled on various trips away this summer, I’ve found myself being selective and faithful to a number of makeup products, mostly drugstore, and have loved the make-up look I’ve been sporting recently. 

When packing a condensed makeup bag for travel, I always try to be harsh on myself, only packing items that I’d reach for at home and that complement each other, despite always wanting to throw in odd items ‘just in case’. To start with my base, I must talk about my latest favourite combination of L’oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water (amazingly lightweight but hydrating and a perfect base to makeup), Bourjois City Radiance Foundation (a medium dewy skin-like foundation that doesn’t feel heavy or cakey), the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer (thats excellent coverage for dark circles but hydrating and brightening under the eyes) and the Primark Setting Powder that I apply using my Real Techniques Sponge . This combination makes for a long lasting base that doesn’t go cakey or settle into pores, which for a while I’ve been struggling with,.

On my eyes I've been reaching for a combination of my NYX Strobe of Genius highlighter palette and my Naked 3 palette dupe from Revolution, applied over my Maybelline colour tattoo in Creme de Nude and complimented with my NYX Double Stacked mascara. Admittedly I've stopped using the fibres step with this mascara as I'm far too lazy, however this alone does wonders for lengthening your lashes. 

For my cheeks I've continued to reach for my Benefit Hoola Bronzer, used with a combination of my NYX Strobe of Genius Palette and my MUA Blusher to add some bronze and colour to my face.  Last but not least, I’ve been keeping my lips very plain and just using a clear lipgloss from No7 or some lipbalm.

So that's all for my current make-up look! What are you go-to products for the travel?


Beth x x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe