Best Drugstore Concealers? feat Maybelline, Rimmel, Revlon, and more

13:51

Best Drugstore Concealers

Highstreet, budget or 'drugstore' concealers are often spoken about and before many have chance to use one up, theres a new and improved offering. To coincide with my skincare edition of my Spring-Summer empties; I have found myself with 5 empty budget concealers and two clear favourites.

Maybelliene Fit Me Concealer , Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, Revlon Colourstay Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, L'oreal True Match Concealer
L-R : Maybelliene Fit Me Concealer , Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, Revlon Colourstay Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, L'oreal True Match Concealer 

Maybelliene Fit Me Concealer - £5.99

Having fair skin, I’ve always suffered with dark circles under my eyes and cheeky blemishes on my face so anything that’ll cover both of these up is a winner in my book.The first in line is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. This concealer I bought on a whim while doing my food shop and was on offer for under a fiver versus its usual £5.99 price tag. I’d been meaning to try this for a while and am pleased to say that I was impressed. Having got this in the shade 15, it was admittedly too dark for my under eyes however I found this very creamy and hydrating for my under eye circles that this didn’t bother me too much. The coverage was medium- buildable and wasn’t cakey looking at all. It lasted a fair 6-8 hours without creasing too. Should I ever find this in my shade, I would definitely buy this again. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - £5.49

The second in line is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. Constantly raved about, I thought, eh why not? Unfortunately I just didn’t see the hype of this product. Perhaps it was due to the fairest shade still being too dark for my pale skin, but there didn’t seem to be much of a brightening ‘wake me up’ effect when using this. Due to its brightening nature, I avoided this on the rest of my face at risk of highlighting my pesky spots. That said, if you are slightly more tanned and can find a shade suitable, this was very lightweight under the eyes and didn’t crease however I found the coverage very light for me and therefore I shan’t be repurchasing.

Revlon Colourstay Concealer - £6.99

The third concealer to feature is the Revlon Colourstay Concealer. This concealer I shall credit for being the fairest of them all, shade wise that is, and had a light-medium coverage. I tended to use this on both blemishes and on my dark circles however required the most blending under the eyes. Considering this was park of the ‘colourstay’ range, this didn’t outshine the other concealers in terms on lasting power, having lasted around the 6-8 hour mark also, however did start to crease and gather around dry patches at this point. For me this served its function(s) however for its more premium price from the highstreet, I wasn’t impressed enough to repurchase.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 

The fourth concealer, for those who don’t recognise its terrible packaging, is the Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer, a firm favourite and frequent feature on here. Though many find this too heavy under the eyes, I love to use this as a multi-tasker on blemishes and to mask my dark circles and find that Shade 1 is the best for this (though its Shade 2 on the photograph!). This gives medium - full coverage and works best with your fingers or a damp sponge - I love the Real Techniques one. This is the cheapest of the five and definitely my favourite. 

L'oreal True Match Concealer - £6.99

The last concealer to talk about today is the L’oreal True Match concealer. This I bought to coincide with their True Match concealer but found it strange that their shade names/numbers didn’t match so opted for the shade Vanilla. For £6.99 this came in a very small tube and unsurprisingly ran out the fastest of them all. This also had the smallest doe-foot applicator of them all and fit into the very inner part of your underlies. This had a light coverage and its was an unusual shade on my skin, it had a very prominent yellow undertone that didn’t seem to counteract my shadows, if it was that way intended, or cover much either and for that I wouldn’t repurchase as it wasn’t a ‘true match’ on my skin.

Overall I think I’ve reconfirmed to myself that I shall never stray from my Collection concealer again however that the Maybelline Fit Me concealer is a great alternative for those who find Collection’s offering too heavy. 

What's your favourite budget concealer?

Read more:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe