TRAVEL BEAUTY: What's in my Summer Make-up Bag?

09:00



I've been well overdue a Daily Makeup post so what better time than now to share with you the makeup that made the cut on my recent trip to Mallorca, a what's in my makeup bag, summer holiday edition if you will...

When packing I tried to be very selective with the products I was going to pack in my case with the mindset that this would allow for more outfit and toiletry options. For my base I went for a lightweight option from Philosophy, their Be Your Best BB cream (review). This evened out my skintone and provided me with a light dewy base. For extra blemish coverage, and under my eyes, I used my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the darker shade of Medium 3. I then used a combination of my two favourite face powders; Rimmel Stay Matte and MAC MSF Natural 'Light' to keep me matte and my makeup in place. To add to my summer 'glow', I packed my MAC Soft and Gentle MSF to use as a blusher/bronzer duo and applied this using my RT Contour Brush on the tops of my cheeks.

For my eyes I decided to pack the MUA Undressed Palette in hope that I would experiment with different shades and get more use out of the palette. To keep these shadows in place I also packed my MAC Bare Study Paint Pot which didn't disappoint. I also, because the MUA palette didn't have a matte flesh coloured shadow, packed my Estee Lauder Eyeshadow quad for using on my brow bone and finished my eye look with my current favourite Bourjois 1 Second Mascara.

My lips I kept surprisingly low maintenance while on holiday by just packing my BALMI lip balm in the mint flavour which worked great in the day too due to containing SPF15.

For brushes, again, I was very selective and limited it to my 4 favourites; my Real Techniques Multi Task Brush, Buffing Brush and Contour Brush for my face and my MAC 217 for my eyeshadow.

I am very proud of myself for my capsule makeup bag and found myself reaching for everything that I had packed and not needing anything else!

Are you an overpacker? What do you pack in your holiday makeup bag?

Beth xx

P.S Keep an eye out for more shopping the stash posts as I hope that this series can make a come-back!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The balmi lip balm looks so cute! You did such a good job of packing concisely, I always take too many different options 'just in case' hehe! xx

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe