2018 Goals: My Mid-Year Resolutions

12:00

Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash
I'll confess, I've been slacking where my 2018 goals are concerned, so as I've recently returned from my summer holidays, and have just started my year-long marketing placement, I wanted to reset my goals, in hope to turn around my year and to have something to aim for.

Health and Fitness

Running: At the start of the year, while rowing, I would run to and from my training sessions, which usually equated to 1 - 1 1/2 miles each way. Although this was a regular feature in my routine (three times a week), when I finished rowing for the term at the start of May, my running unfortunately stopped with it. From today I would like to aim to run at least once a week again, most likely at the weekends to make it manageable alongside working full-time, but aiming for 3 mile/ 5km runs, in order to build up my fitness again. Living in close proximity to Cannon Hill Park, it would be nice to join their Saturday morning park run at least once this year and feel comfortable in my fitness to take part.

Walking: Since getting my FitBit at the start of the year, I've become much more aware of how few steps I do on a regular, non-working, day. To rectify this, for semester two, at the start of the year, I committed to walking 3 miles to, and 3 miles back, from uni in order to reach my 10,000 steps. Since finishing my second year, I've found my step numbers fall to below 5000, so I intend to make a conscious effort, now that I am back living in Birmingham, to get my steps up again, even if it just means going out for a 20 minute walk after dinner, whilst it's still light at night, or alternatively, paying for a gym membership at my office, and walking on the treadmill.

Diet: Since comparing my current weight to my weight during first year, I have noticed a considerable fluctuation across the year (in the wrong direction). Following my recent all-inclusive holiday binge, I hope to become more mindful of what I am eating, and try to track my calories and perhaps shed some pounds along the way, sustainably.

Drink: Not being a fan or tea or coffee, I hope to invest in a good quality reusable water bottle in order to sustain a good water intake and try to drink at least 1.5L every day to keep me hydrated.

Sleep: Since getting my FitBit I've become a little too obsessive with tracking my sleep and getting at least 7 hours quality sleep each night. With my commute, I have to have left the house before 6.30am in order to beat the traffic. With this in mind, I hope to get to bed before 10pm every evening to allow me feel the most refreshed and productive I can be when waking up at 5.45am.

Personal

Photography: Last semester I joined the universities photography society and went to a beginners session, however am yet to act on the advice I was given. Before the year is out, I would like to experiment with long exposure photography and share more of my photographs online, particularly on my instagram.

Save: Now that I have started working full time (for the year anyway), I want to start making regular payments from my salary to my savings account towards my house deposit funds. I also love using the cleo app, an extension of Facebook messenger, to track my spendings and put small savings away, so intend to continue using this to monitor my money.

Travel

Visit 3 New Places: So far this year I have been able to visit three new places; Dublin, Naples and Lanzarote. Although I don't expect to visit 3 more before the year is out, I would like to ensure that these trips are well documented for me to look back on in the future, and to help others who wish to travel.

So those are my 2018 resolutions, recalibrated for the remainder of the year. What goals have you set yourself recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe