Empties: Beauty Products I used up in September/October

12:00

Clean on Me - Despite previously trying this and realising back then how long this bottle lasts, I had underestimated, once again, how much product was in this bottle and how much effort it would take to finally use this up. Alas, I did and thank goodness as I had become tiresome of the scent as I think the bottle is a little too big! That is my only complaint. Otherwise I think this is a great shower gel that lathers up really well, smells great and is moisturising on the skin!

Breakfast Scrub - For those that haven't smelt this, what  are you doing!? This has a very sweet maple scent that smells delicious when you use it but is equally amazing at getting rid of dry skin. I like to use this on the back of my arms especially and they are always left 'silky smooth' ( if I dare say that) after using this. This is definitely a product I want to repurchase or add to my christmas list!

Bath and Body Work Body Spray - Bath and Body Works is a store that I can only dream of visiting one day but fortunately for me I won a couple of goodies from a blog giveaway ages ago - one to be this body spray - so I could finally try out some of their products for myself. Where I dare say it didn't last too long on the skin, in the summer this did an excellent job at refreshing my perfume when the days were long and warm - gone are the days now! This had a very sweet fruity scent, much like pineapple I felt, however if I was ever to spray this among my friends they seemed to question who was wearing fake tan so there's possibly a hint of mouldy biscuit in the scent too - oops! - that many may not be fond of so it is worth smelling these instore.

Skinetica - I'd scrimped on using toner  for a while but after switching up my skincare routine to include a micellar water, I went back to using this alongside. This does an excellent job at removing the last traces of makeup that the micellar water doesn't remove whilst also feeling like water on my skin and not irritating it like other toners tend to.I have a back up of this and shall definitely use that as this runs out.

Peaches and Clean - The peach scent of this soon grew on me despite finding it overpowering at first and I soon became a fan of using this as a mask as it my skin feeling fresh and clean. While I didn't find it as deep cleansing as the Neutrogena 2 in 1 mask, this was a great alternative, that wasn't as scary looking when using, that I would definitely buy again.

Halo Eye Makeup Remover Pads -  I received these in my FABB goody bag back in July and have finally got round to using them up. For me I found these too scratchy, as the pad itself was too thin, and irritating on my eyes. Even after harshly rubbing my eyes, I found that I still had eyemakeup left and my mascara had hardly budged. In my opinion, the Amie Eye Makeup remover is much better and these will not be a repurchase of mine.

Amie Matte Finish Moisturiser - This worked great in the hot sweaty summer, that has sadly gone and passed, as it provided my dry combination skin with great moisture without being greasy and oily in the heat. I have a back up of this and won't hesitate to use it again.

Amie New Leaf Skin Exfoliating Polish - This I really enjoyed using and would definitely buy again.The fruity scent was really refreshing and the exfoliating beads weren't harsh or scratchy but allowed for a deep clean. If I was ever to repurchase a manual exfoliant I would definitely consider this howver in the meantime I'm on the hunt for a good chemical exfoliant so any suggestions do let me know!


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - I have tried a range of concealers from Mac and unfortunately I don't feel that this is the best and was a waste of £15. Although the coverage was better than some concealers I've tried, and it lasted well, for me this creased far too much under my eyes and looked cakey. I also found it hard to blend and the packaging an absolute pain as it either dispensed too much or too little. For me I much prefer the MAC Moisturecover concealer or the Collection concealer and shall not be repurchasing this one.

MAC Bare Study Paint Pot - This on the other hand is a definite repurchase for me and one which I miss having in my collection. In my opinion this is the perfect base for any eyeshadow, enhancing the look of my eyeshadow and ensuring no creases whilst prolonging the lasting power. Whenever I am next at MAC I shall definitely be repurchasing or buying another paint pot!

VIE at Home Natural Perfection Mineral - Light - When I initially reviewed this I was unsure as to whether I liked it and unfortunately I still havent made a judgement. For me it worked great as a quick foundation fix with great coverage but it didn't help to keep my face matte all day and it did have the tendency to look orangey and cakey and for that reason I shall not be rushing back to buy this again.



Superdrug Coconut Oil - You may have seen me rave about this product and my thoughts haven't changed. This works a great as a balm cleanser, as it melts all my face and eye makeup, whilst leaving my face lovely and soft. I already have a back up of this and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

Boots Hairspray -  This hairspray was excellent value and worked great to help keep me hair in place and stop my curls from dropping out. Although this wasn't the most amazing hairspray I have ever tried, it didn't leave me with greasy crusty hair and was relatively cheap so would definitely buy this again.

Beth xx

Totals:(September and October)
Make-up:3
Bodycare:2
Skincare:6
Haircare:1
Other:1
Samples:0
Total:13
 
Totals: (2013)
Make-up:19
Bodycare:19
Skincare:24
Haircare:11
Other:11
Samples:9
Total:91

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Awesome empties! I love Soap & Glory's Clean on Me! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't tried anything by Soap & Glory...I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub, it smells amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe