What's in my Make-up Bag SUMMER Edition.

15:30







I've been well overdue a makeup routine blog-post for a while now, so what better time than now to share with you the makeup that made the cut on my recent trips abroad and have remained in my makeup bag ever since...

When packing for a trip away, I always try to be selective with the products I take, packing complementary and wearable options alongside trusty favourites. To start with my primer, I must talk about the Nivea Post-Shave Balm. I've been using pore-fessional and a Kiko mattifying primer on and off for a while but the Nivea base is not silicone-y but lightweight. It's hard to tell if this helps the longevity of my make-up, but I like reaching for it on a daily basis to make a smooth base for my make-up.  My foundation of choice recently, until it was too pale, is the Maybelliene Superstay 24 hour foundation. Although I feel that 24 hours is a little optimistic, this creates a dewy light base that can be easily layered up. Paired with the foundation,  I've been using a combination of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer alongside the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer, both being lightweight and non-drying under the eyes. To set my base, I've recently been reaching for loose powders over powder compacts and attempting a 'baking' method ( if you will) in order to press the foundation into my skin and prevent it melting in the heat. For this, my current powder of choice is from Collection, although the MUA loose powder also did the trick with a tan and works better for mattifying the skin.

On my eyes I've been reaching for a trusty favourite, my Naked 2 palette.  Although I've run out of many of my favourite shades, I love applying MUA Pro Base onto my lids and using a combination of YDK, Suspect and Tease on my lids and crease.  

For my cheeks I've continued to use up my Estee Lauder Bronzer that seems to last forever, and my Hourglass Blusher in Luminous Flush to add colour to my pale cheeks.  Last but not least, my favourite lip stain - the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Crush'. I love the versatility of this, allowing my to dab a small amount onto my lips to get a light pink or apply to straight from the bullet for a strong shade of purple. 

So that's all for my current make-up look! What are you go-to products for the summer months?

Beth x x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe