STILA Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette Review & Swatches

20:00

Since the Stila Eyes are the Window (Soul) eye shadow palette entered my makeup bag I haven’t gone a makeup day without it, so much in fact I wanted to take photos and swatches of this pretty palette before I hit pan on some of my favourite shades.
In its pretty rose gold packaging are 12 highly pigmented and complimentary shadows that are versatile for both day and night time wear. The shadows, a mixture of both warm and cool toned shades, are very true to pan in their swatches though I tend to gravitate toward the far left column the most, in particular the shades Kitten and Vitality, the first a light champagne satin shade, without the chunky glitter, has fast become my most used eye shadow, and the latter a warm toned gold.  

The middle and outer columns are equally as high quality but as with the nature of matte and shimmer shades, the shimmer shades have better colour pay off than the matte shades but both have great lasting power and are easily blended together for an assortment of different shadow looks.
 L-R Light, Kitten, Thought, Vitality
L-R Individual, Affection, Heart, Substance
L-R Being, Character, Peace, Essence

With help from my MAC Bare Study paint pot, my trusty eye base of how many years, the intensity of each colour will easily last from 8 o clock in the morning till six at night and will also last a good 6-8 hours without an eye base.

The square mirror in the palette is a great feature of the palette for when applying the shadows and also to apply the rest of your face makeup that will stay upright while on a counter top or is light enough to hold. 

If I haven’t convinced you enough, this palette retails for £30 from Amazon , or in my case was a very generous gift from Sephora from my Auntie on her return from the states, making it more purse friendly than the Naked Palettes and arguably prettier in its more compact rose gold shell though that doesn’t mean it has completely replaced my Naked 2 palette as a girl can never have too many neutral palettes…


Have you tried this or any other palette from Stila? Let me know below! 

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe