My Holy Grail Items, Repurchased feat. Kiehl's, MAC and more

17:31





Though I try out and use up many different beauty, skincare and makeup products, I do believe that the true test is to part with your hard earned pennies and make a repurchase. For me, there are a few products that I always end up going back to so I thought it was only right to share the products that regularly end up in my shopping basket and give them the credit that they deserve.

Garnier Micellar Water / BOOTS /

For those of you who have seen my most recent empties posts, this seems to regularly feature and I am due another repurchase. For me this is my fail-safe makeup remover as a couple of cotton pads of this will remove my face and eye makeup without stinging or irritating my skin. The fact it is almost always on offer also means that as soon as one bottle runs out, I can quickly -  and affordably - pick up a new one.

Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate / John Lewis / REVIEW

The next repurchase caused a larger dent in my wallet when I came to buy a new bottle, however I couldn’t be without my faithful Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. If, like me, you’ve had trouble with breakouts or red spot-like bumps on the surface of your skin, or the scars they leave behind, then I’d promptly urge you to give this a go. This oil is so low-maintenance that you can use a couple of drops on your face before bed , or just onto the affected areas, and when you wake up the next morning its done most of the work for you – my skin looks and feels softer, and the redness of any spots or blemishes is significantly reduced. A must-try in my opinion.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer / BOOTS / REVIEW

Though I did stray from this concealer in order to play the drugstore concealer field, I found that only the Maybelline Fit Me concealer came anywhere near close to the Collection LP Concealer as I can rely on this for coverage under my eyes, covering any redness around my nose and on any breakouts. I find this has the best coverage out of any drugstore concealers I've tried and isn’t too heavy under my eyes, hence why I have easily used at least 7 of these concealers since starting my blog 4 years ago.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder / BOOTS / REVIEW

Another budget product that I always go back to is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Admittedly, this won’t keep you completely matte all day, but certainly helps the lasting power of my foundation and setting my concealer. At £4, this always ends up in my Boots basket as a reliable translucent pressed powder.

MAC Face and Body Foundation – N1 / JOHN LEWIS / REVIEW

For the start of the year, prior to being admitted to hospital, I found myself using my Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation and being happy with how it looked and sat on my skin, despite being a high coverage foundation. Once I came out of hospital however, after months of going bare faced, I found makeup just didn’t seem to sit right on my skin and my face looked worse wearing makeup than without and so went on a hunt for an alternative foundation base.

Having run out of my face and body foundation sometime last year, I had forgotten how great and ‘like skin’ it looked. This foundation has a light yet buildable coverage and so gives you fresh looking skin without the cakey- ness of foundation – what my ill-looking complexion had been crying out for. I also knew I could rely on this as my ‘prom’ foundation having used it back in 2013 for my Year 11 prom and as a bridesmaid for my cousins wedding, so for me a repurchase of this seemed like a no-brainer and I’ll certainly repurchase this again once my current bottle runs out. As for my LMSC foundation, only time will tell. 


That’s all for today's post but please do let me know your holy grail products and if you want to see a similar post in the future as I love raving about my favourite products.

What are your fail-safe repurchases?

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe