Not A Rave Review #1: Boots Simply Sensitive Deep Cleansing Face Mask

19:30







A few weeks (months) back I ended up in Boots on the hunt for a face mask tube – namely the Boots Essentials Cucumber Mask which unfortunately was out of stock. This meant, out of normality where I’d read reviews before purchasing, I grabbed the first face mask I saw and headed to the checkout.

This spur of the moment purchase meant I ended up with Boots Simply Sensitive Deep Cleansing Face Mask, 75ml for £2.99.

The first thing I noticed when using this face mask was how it irritated my skin. As a Simply Sensitive range you’d expect it to work fine with my sensitive skin – wrong.  When  the cream consistency was spread around my face I noticed how painful it was. It felt like my face was sun burnt and that my skin was on fire. 

Fortunately I persevered with this for the 3 minutes suggested, although I was very tempted to remove the product, and this pain slowly reduced to less of a sting.

As this face mask felt like the consistency of a moisturiser, even when I applied a thin layer, the mask didn’t seem to set. This luckily made it easy to remove from the skin. The mask, when removed, left my skin feel smooth and moisturised  but at the same time made it seem pointless applying it in the first place as I could have gotten the same effect from a thick moisturiser without the hassle of applying it, having my face sting, waiting and then rinsing it off.

I won’t be repurchasing this as it doesn’t do what I would expect of this mask which is to deep clean.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe