Too Faced Pretty Rich Palette, Hangover Primer & more

15:30

too faced pretty rich palette, too faced hangover primer, too faced lip injection
 I've recently been lucky enough to try a couple of bits from Too Faced. Too Faced is a brand that (as far as I can remember) I've never tried before so was eager to try out some favourites from their range. It's been a mixed bag overall, but I'd definitely look to buying more products from the brand in the future as the packaging is just too cute!
too faced pretty rich palette, too faced hangover primer, too faced lip injection
Starting with the biggest item in the selection, the Too Faced Pretty Rich Eyeshadow Palette  is a collection of 16 shades of vivid gel-glitters, mattes, shimmers, and pearl shades.

The shades is this palette are all so pigmented and easily buildable and as somebody who sticks on the safe side of eyeshadow looks, found that the shadow guide included with this was great for experimenting with new looks.

The glitter shades are stunning and so easy to use just by tapping your finger in them. I did, however, struggle with fall out applying with my finger and so using with a glitter primer  ( I love the one from NYX) and a shadow brush worked better to avoid getting glitter all over my face. Its definitely worth doing your eyeshadow/glitter first before doing the rest of your makeup!

The eyeshadows are all long lasting and don’t crease and the mirror in the palette makes it easy to apply on the go, even if it is overly-bulky and takes up a lot of space in my makeup bag. I've also found that my boyfriend has even started to compliment my eyeshadow since I've started using this, which is always a plus!

too faced pretty rich palette, too faced hangover primer, too faced lip injection
Too Faced Lip Injections Extreme - £22

Unfortunately I am not a fan of Too Faced's lip plumping gloss. I gave it a go all over my lips but ended up taking it off inside five minutes as was too uncomfortable to wear and stung my lips. I've tried Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker before and this tingled even more than that does!

It’s a smooth and not overly sticky gloss that does make your lips appear plumper than they would be without lipgloss, however, I have to use the smallest amount of this when I do, focusing it on the centre of my bottom lip, to stop me from removing it straight away in agony.  If you are intrigued by this, definitely try it in the small size first.

I’ve only ever used silicone-y primers before trying this but I am converted. At a similar price point to Benefit's Porefessional, I now reach for this as a base for my makeup. This hydrates, smooths and brightens skin, as promised, and leaves your skin with a smooth base for makeup, slightly tacky, to help its last visibly longer on my face.

Infused with coconut water, this smells incredible!I definitely feel that my other base products apply better onto my skin and helps my makeup to last all day. The pump of the packaging also makes it easy to apply a small amount at a time.
too faced highlighter and pretty rich palette
too faced diamond highlighter

Last but not least the the diamond highlighter. I have this is the shade 'fancy pink diamond' which is a pale champagne pink.

The packaging of this is great, much like a pretty jewellery box. It appears to have a considerable amount of highlighter for the price so will hopefully last a long time without needing to repurchase.

When swatching this with your finger, the formula feels smooth and has good pay off. Unfortunately, it doesn’t apply on my skin as it does to swatch. I will spend ages trying to get the highlighter onto my brush and even when I think I’ve got a lot of product, it just does not show on my fair skin. This is definitely something to consider if you are wanted to invest in a Too Faced highlighter, the shade is key and essential to try on your cheeks in store.

The shade ‘fancy pink diamond’ which is very very subtle on my skin, even when layering up. Instead, this gives a “lit from within” look, so better suited as a radiant setting powder rather than an obvious glow on your cheek bone. Instead of using as a statement highlight, I've been reaching for this as an eyeshadow.

In my opinion, there are much better highlighters shades for fair skin than this, however if you do just want a very subtle glow or want to use this as a radiant setting powder then this would work great.

Have you tried anything from Too Faced? I'll definitely be checking out more of their eyeshadow palettes and repurchasing their Hangover primer in the future! 

*Gifted for Purpose of Review

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe