REVIEW: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour All-Over Miracle Oil*

16:51


Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream is one of those cult multi-tasking products that are spoken about all over the blog-o-sphere. No doubt likely to gain similar positive press, their latest offering in the form of their Eight Hour® All-Over Miracle Oil is a versatile, multi-tasking formula for the face, body and hair. Infused with Tsubaki oil, an ultra-hydrating ingredient that works to deliver long-lasting moisture, it claims to reveal radiant, healthy-looking skin with a firmer appearance. Unlike the funky smell of  Eight Hour Cream, the Eight Hour oil, on the other hand, has a much more pleasant citrus scent that is much more likeable and nicer to use.

Though this is advertised to have three main uses, on your body, face and hair, I find the first my preferable method. Packaged in a spray bottle, the oil sprays a fine light mist that makes application on your body,arms and legs quick and easy, and makes you less likely to apply too much, leaving a non-greasy oil that sinks in quickly to your skin leaving your legs smooth and nourished. I've recently started trialling the CelluBlue cellulite cup ( review to follow) using this oil and found the two products compliment each other really well. 

As for use on your face, I find the best method, instead of spraying the oil directly onto your face or neck, is to apply one spray onto the palm of your hands, rub them together and then apply to your face. Though I opt to use this as a moisturising oil, this multi-tasking oil would, too, work well as a cleansing oil using a similar method and warm flannel.

My least favourite use of this product is as a hair oil. For me, this oil isn't fine enough and is unsuited for my mid-length fine hair without making it look or feel greasy. For thicker, or more coarse hair, however, I'm sure this would work fine.

Overall I've loved this as an alternative to thicker body butters; the spray makes the oil easy to use regularly and no doubt in the summer months will be one I get daily use.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe