AUTUMN Make-up Favourites feat. MAC, L'Oreal, Lord & Berry & Invogue

13:00

We've officially reached Autumn,  that part of the year when we can finally start wrapping up in coats and scarves again and swap back to our winter wardrobes. More importantly, however, is the switching up of our make-up for the cooler seasons. Although I tend to rely on the same handful of makeup products that I can trust not to let me down when the leaves fall ( see those makeup favourites here ), there have been some new additions to my make-up bag recently that I felt it'd be rude not to share.

The first I feel deserves a mentions is the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. A light-weight yet dewy foundation, this matches my skin perfectly and leaves me looking fresh faced even when the weather is dreary. This has great longevity but do be prepared to powder unless you want to go all-out glow. 

To compliment my current foundation of choice, I've recently been switching between MAC Harmony Blush and MAC Bronzing Powder ( in the shade Golden) to add some depth and bronze to my face. For a heavier 'contoured' look I tend to opt for Harmony on my cheeks ( though not all over my face due to being pink in undertone ) which is matt and fairly pigmented. The MAC bronzer on the other hand has much less of a colour pay-off so can be dusted all over with a big fluffy brush whilst still looking natural. For days that I'm feeling particularly pasty, I love to use the Lord and Berry Blush in 'Plum' to add a flush to my cheeks. This, like the MAC blush, is highly pigmented so only requires the smallest tap of my RT Multi-task brush. I'll also, particularly on nights out, add Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish REVIEW to the tops of my cheeks to give an extra glow.

To compliment the 'Autumn glow' look that I try to achieve, I've frequently been reaching for two lipsticks in particular, MAC Plumful Lipstick and MAC Rebel Lipstick. Both have that delicious Vanilla smell and have great pigmentation and lasting power. I'll tend to sheer Plumful out for the daytime and use Rebel straight from the bullet in the evening - both will last throughout the day or night without bleeding. 

Finally, this Autumn I have also pledged to experiment with my make-up and so have recently attempted to apply and wear false eyelashes. Although my attempt failed ( don't judge my poor application - please!) , my lashes of choice were the Invogue Eyelashes (07) that are really affordable and can be bought for less than a fiver. 


So that's all for the latest additions to my Autumn make-up bag. Do you have any trusted favourites in your rotation?  Let me know below!


Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe