FITNESS FAVOURITE: Fitbit Blaze Fitness Tracker Review

10:00

At the start of last year, I put my birthday/Christmas money to good use and invested in a black Fitbit blaze after getting FOMO (three of my cousins and sister had owned a Fitbit charge 2 for a while). In my opinion, buying a Fitbit was the best investment of 2018 and I don’t think a day went by where I wasn’t wearing my Fitbit which, for someone who never wore a watch/ jewellery was a big shock.
I bought my Fitbit Blaze with the black and silver strap, but you can also buy the blaze with a gunmetal or plum strap. Alternatively, you can also by replacement straps (some official, other dupes) if you fancied switching it up. The size of the tracker isn’t dissimilar to the size of the Apple watch as far as I am aware and is the right size to be easy to view and use but not too big on your wrist. 
The Fitbit box has everything you need; your fitness tracker, strap, instruction manual and USB charging case that you pop the tracker out of the strap to charge. The blaze charges fairly quickly and I find that it is usually 4-5 days before I have to recharge. 
The Fitbit Blaze has many cool features. There are three buttons on the Fitbit Blaze, allowing you to stop and start workouts, flicking through the menu and navigate through the tracker. Much like the Apple Watch, the blaze allows you to get call, calendar and text alerts through the tracker. This has been a godsend as, if my phone is on silent and at the far end of the room, it’ll vibrate to notify you. The watch will also nudge you at ten to the hour to ensure you have walked 250 steps in an hour - I love using this whilst at work to prevent me from sitting too long at my desk.
The Fitbit Blaze has a Fitstar function with the option to follow a 8 minute warm up, 7 minute workout and 10 minute ab workout. There is also a relax app that has the option of a 2 or 5 minute session for relaxation. I'll be honest, I hardly ever use these apps but they are a cool addition.
Day to day, aside from the obvious logging how many steps I do and telling the time, I use the tracker mostly for the silent alarms (much nicer than my iPhone alarm!), countdown timer (great when cooking) and for logging my gym workouts. If I’m going for a walk, the great thing about the Fitbit is that it will recognise it automatically and store the details automatically into the app - or if you want to monitor your distance as you go, you can log it manually. 

On the blaze, there are multiple options to select when logging a workout, such as a walk, run or even just a general ‘workout’ setting. When selecting the workout option on your Fitbit, you can track your distance (if running), heart rate, duration and calories during the workout. 




The Fitbit app is amazing and is really simple to use. The app allows you to monitor steps, heart rate, sleep, workouts, calories burned, weight loss and more. You can even monitor your monthly cycle and fertility windows if you so wish. The app is able to drill down your workouts into heart rate zones (peak, fat burn and cardio) and sleep can be broken down into deep sleep, REM and light sleep.

I cannot recommend getting a Fitbit enough. It does everything I want from a fitness tracker and I really think that it helped me to get fit last year (and for 2019) and become more self-aware of how active I am day to day. I have also gained an unhealthy obsession with monitoring my sleep and aiming to get at least 7 hours each day. My Fitbit hasn’t left my wrist since I bought it last January - I’ll rave on and on about this until the cows come home.

Have you tried a fitness tracker?
Fitbit Blaze is discontinued from FitBit but is still available on Amazon 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe