Packing for an Overnight Stay

17:30

Photo by Anete Lūsiņa on Unsplash
Since moving back to Birmingham it seems like I'm always packing an overnight bag, usually for a quick trip home for the weekend, or to my boyfriends. Having just about perfected my packing list, I thought I would share some of my key packing essentials for an overnight stay.

Clothes & Shoes
Depending on how many nights I'm staying away for, I'll try to pack items that I can easily transition from a day/travel outfit, to a potential evening outfit should an occasion pop up/ be planned. I tend to wear a dark blue/ black pair of jeans to travel in and pack a couple of smart tops. These 
I'll usually pair with my black ankle boots that are smart enough to wear for a nice meal out if needs be, but comfy enough for the daytime. I'll sometimes pack an alternative pair of heels/ heeled boots if I want to dress up. It's also important not to forget to pack spare underwear, socks and a pair of pyjamas. 

Handbag & Medical Kit
I'll usually downsize my usual bag and first aid kit down to the bare essentials which for me are paracetamol, my pill, hay fever tablets, my inhaler and my plasters. I'll also pack my phone (& headphones), charger, portable battery, sunglasses and card holder with my rail card, debit card, id and student card. 

Toiletries

I'll always be sure to pack deodorant, hairbrush, bobbles, hair grips, talc/dry shampoo, lip balm, body spray/perfume, body lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste as my essentials, and pack shampoo, conditioner, a razor and shower gel if where I'm staying doesn't have these.

Skincare/ Makeup
It's good to remember to pack the bare essentials with skincare and makeup, so I'll always pack a cleanser, flannel and moisturiser. For my make-up, I'll pack my makeup bag of f
oundation, concealer, powder, eye primer, mascara, blusher, bronzer and brushes, with the addition of a statement lipstick 'just-in-case'.

What do you pack for an overnight stay?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe