Revisiting my 2017 New Years Resolutions

17:00



2017 New Years Resolutions. Remember those? I feel that two months has been more than enough time to try to implement the ideals that I’d set out at the start of the year, but have I stuck to them? Today I thought I’d recap, to hopefully re-motivate myself, on the goals I made, and meanwhile inspire some of you guys to try and act on your goals. 

My Resolutions:
  • Run a 5km in 30 minutes: Although  I am still yet to run 5km in under 30 minutes, I have been able to set a new PB for my 1 mile time (8:42), as well as upping my distance to running 5 miles just yesterday. Admittedly, there was rest breaks included however I am proud to say that I’ve been sticking to at least running twice a week.That said, I am still yet to register for a charity run or 5km race. 
  • Row 500m in under 2 minutes & 2000m in under 9 minutes: This semester we have tailored a lot more focus on our ERG training and I’ve only missed one land session. Our latest time trial ( an exhausting one at that), I just missed out on a sub 9 minute time by getting 9:07, albeit 30 seconds quicker than previous times - woop! 
  • Blog More: I’m proud to say that I’ve stuck to a new blogging routine of posting every Friday at 5pm for the past couple of months. Arguably I need to get back into reading and commenting on other peoples blogs but I’ve certainly been making a conscious effort lately. 
  • Watch more Ted Talks: I’ve become a bit lax on this one and haven’t watched one in a while…
  • Do my reading: I am pleased to say that I’ve been sticking to my recommended reading and note taking, hopefully this shall reflect in my overall results and the end of the semester.
  • Moisturise more: I’m actually proud of myself for sticking to this resolution, and have found myself running out completely of one of my Cetaphil body lotions - hoorah!
  • Learn I Giorni on the Piano: I’ve not exactly learned I Giorni yet, but I have been making a conscious effort to learn more pieces on the piano when I'm back at home ( namely Not About Angels and Salvation by Birdy) but I’m going to keep at it.
  • Be Better With Time Management: I can’t say that I’ve not been spending days in bed watching films, however I have tried to make doing uni work part of my daily routine which has allowed me to keep my stress levels down. We’ll see if that remains as deadlines approach!
  • Take more photos: I’ve been out on various day-dates recently so have been taking my camera along for the ride. Hopefully you appreciate the product of some of these (taken at Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Centre). I still, however, want to research more into photography skills and make the most of the settings I have with my camera.
So there goes; a round up of where I am with my resolutions for 2017! I don’t feel like I’m doing too badly as resolutions go.

What are your goals/ resolutions for 2017? Have you stuck to them?

Beth x


P.S You can read my 2017 Goals post HERE

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe