REVIEW:Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor - Rhubarb ( + Swatches)

17:00


Its been a while since I posted about lipstick so here goes!  This new Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor lipstick from Revlon I have in the shade HD Rhubarb. It has a strong and pigmented pinky-red colour that is glossy and has a fruity cherry scent. With the glossiness of the colour, I do find that this transfers easily onto drinking glasses and rubs off when eating, but doesn’t bleed without a lipliner, instead fading round your lip line. Worn straight from the bullet without blotting, this can easily last a few hours without reapplication and applies with a smooth texture. Instead, I prefer to apply this to the lips and blot, using this as a long lasting stain, then applying a clear lip balm over the top as I find that my lips can edge towards dry, and this isn’t the best for hydration when muted down. The pen style applicator of this lipstick is unusual to get used to at first, and slightly more difficult than usual to get a precise application, however the packaging is sleek and the lid stays firmly intact in your handbag. 

Overall this has a lovely and glossy texture, however I’m still not entirely sold - maybe this isn’t helped by my uncertainty to whether this shade suits me, what do you think? I find that this product works better as a stain to avoid the product smudging and transferring everywhere. That said, I’d still much prefer to wear my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain if I wanted a long lasting colour.

Have you tried this? Thoughts?

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe