Best & Worst Rimmel Makeup

13:22

rimmel makeup

rimmel lipsticks

Best & Worst Rimmel Makeup 

Rimmel is a brand that has been around for ages and was certainly available when I first started wearing makeup however for some reason I didn't use many of their products. Roll forward a few years and Rimmel has really upped their game with a basis of my staple products being from the range so I thought that I would share the best, the worst and the so so products that I have found from the range as there are some you don't want to miss!

The Worst Rimmel Products

  • Rimmel Eye Mousse,
  • Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint Pent
  • Rimmel Apocalips
Fortunately for me there has only ever been a few products from Rimmel that I consider the 'worst' from the range, these being the Eye Mousse, The 1000 Kisses Lip Tint Pen and the oh-so hyped Apocalips, which I do have an individual review semi-drafted for you.

Starting with the eye mousse. This, thank goodness, was discontinued from Boots and Superdrug stores years ago and thank goodness however for hose that may be tempted to purchase it for 99p from the likes of Fragrance Direct, don't. Quite simply these burned my eyes when I patted it on. They didn't work well with shadows over the top of them yet looked hideous on their own.

The 1000 Kisses Lip Tint I have recently posted about and the reason I didn't like this, although the concept is brilliant, was the fact that the pigmentation was basically zero and if they aren't already dry or poorly pigmented when you buy them, you get no pay-off within a matter of days as they dry up. Definitely a no-no from me.

As for the Apocalips. Well. I managed to resist the hype of these for a while but having a £5 giftcard, I decided to use that to buy myself one of these infamous lip laquers. Not only is the colour far too pigmented for me and impossible to make wearable, the colour transfers everywhere and blleds like I don't know what. For me I cannot be bothered with all the faff it takes to wear this so I shall not be buying anymore.

The So-so's

Moving swiftly on from the worst products from Rimmel are the so-so products, or in this case a so-so product. For me, products are so-so when they aren't terrible but aren't necessarily great either. This being the Hide the Blemish Concealer that was one of the first concealers I ever tried after stealing it from my mum(shhhhh).

Although it has been ages since trying the Hide the Blemish concealer I can remember using this on my blemishes and under-eyes as it provided great coverage and if I only used a small amount it didn't appear cakey however it was drying and could be difficult to blend.

The Best Rimmel Products

  • Rimmel Lipsticks
  • Rimmel Face Powders
  • Rimmel Foundations
  • Rimmel Primers
Saving the best products til last I have my favourite products. For me I find that Rimmels strengths definitely lie in the form of Lipsticks, Foundations and Face Powders with a few other gems elsewhere in their range.

Rimmel Lipsticks
Starting with their Lipsticks; I have tried two from the Kate Moss Range, one in the black packaging and one from the red packaging, and have loved both of them. 107 was the first shade I tried ( a very berry red) and after loving the pigmentation, lasting power and the fact that a matte lipstick was smooth and not drying, I decided to purchase another lipstick from the Kate Moss range, this time in the shade 05 and I have been equally impressed. 

Rimmel Face Powders
As mentioned, I also love their powders; namely the Stay Matte and Clear Complexion in the shade translucent. Both powders are matte-ifying (keeping skin matte for 4-5 hours), set my makeup in place whilst not looking cakey and are only £3.99. 

rimmel lasting radiance foundation and rimmel lasting finish foundation


Rimmel Foundations

Rimmel Lasting Radiance Foundation
After buying this, I opted for the shade 010 Light Porcelain, which I find to be a pretty good match for me, I think I’ve realised that I am no longer a fan of ‘dewy-looking’ foundations. The foundation definitely delivers on its claims. It instantly illuminates the skin with a healthy radiant glow, but for someone who is prone to oiliness throughout the day, the need to blot with powder or a tissue is perhaps a little too much maintenance for me. If I use a minimal amount of this, to get a really light coverage, this makes my skin look lovely, but if I opt for the medium coverage that this is capable of, I must be ready with my powder brush. So in a nutshell, if you have dry-normal skin ,you will love the dewiness that this gives, but if your skin is oily, the radiance that this gives might be a bit much.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
I have been using this foundation for a number of months now, and I love it. I’d been loyal to the CYO Lifeproof Long Lasting Foundation, but as this has been discontinued, I was on the hunt for something similar to replace it. Thankfully, this has been a great replacement - I just need to master which shade to pick. As we aren’t able to swatch foundations in-store at the minute, I opted for 100 Ivory, which is just a touch too dark for me, but applied with the right brush, still looks natural on my skin.

This foundation gives me the perfect [full] coverage and I don't even need to use a foundation. I have combination skin, and this will keep my oily t-zone under control and the addition of SPF 20 is a great bonus.

I’d recommend this to anyone who needs a good everyday foundation. Despite being full coverage, this doesn’t feel heavy on your skin and I haven’t had any problems with this looking dry/patchy when my skin is on the drier side. It’s super comfortable and breathable and looks like skin. I haven’t had any issues with this oxidising and will apply great with a sponge or stippling brush and is long lasting on the skin for everyday use.

Rimmel Primers
My final favourite from Rimmel would have to be their Fix and Perfect primer. It does not break me out and transforms any cakey foundations that I have and helps to keep my foundation in place all day. You may know that I went through a phase of hating my Bourjois 123 Foundation as no matter how I applied this my face looked cakey however when using this before my foundation, the cakeyness was completely gone.

What makes Rimmel products even better is the price as they are extremely affordably and are frequently on offer so if you haven't checked out their lipsticks, powders or primer I highly urge you to.

What are your favourites from Rimmel? Let me know below!

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I really need to try the stay matte powder I haven't used it before! Shocking! and I agree the apcolips were really over hyped I didn't enjoy them at all!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about the Kate Moss lipsticks, I really have to try them.
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great best beauty products info :) good work keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe