MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation Review

18:03


As I have mentioned this foundation in numerous posts I thought a review may be in order!

I have dry/sensitive skin and my MAC lady informed me about how moisturising this foundation was and I agree. It does not irritate nor dry out my skin however I still feel the need of a moisturiser to keep dry skin at bay. 

The foundation is a gel based foundation that is much thicker than many foundations on offer, therefore meaning you only need a small pea-sized amount. The foundation is smooth and easily blends into the skin using fingers or a brush; though I tend to dispense a small amount onto my hand and apply with a brush otherwise I often apply to much to my face making it harder to rub into the skin. 



The foundation is a satin finish foundation with a medium buildable coverage. The satin finish leaves you with a healthy glow and transforms my dull/dry complexion however I don't tend to leave the foundation with this finish as I feel the need to set this with a powder. For the coverage, I usually only apply 1 layer to achieve a medium coverage (which will cover under eye circles too!)  but I don't see why there would be any problem applying another layer as the finish isn't cakey.

This foundation is very long lasting, approximately 8 -10 hours, when set with a powder ( and without) . It does not fade in patches so if you usually touch up your makeup, which you wouldn't need to anyway with this foundation, the foundation will fade but will look natural on the skin. 
 
I am a huge fan of this foundation. I have it in the shade NW15 which is an almost perfect match for my very pale skin. Although £23 may seem steep at first, you will only need a little at a time so the foundation will last a very long time. 


Have you tried this foundation?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe